Grades of Rubber
Grades: Most of the garments are made in thickness 2. See explanation:
1 = 12/15 = 0.012"/0.015" = 0.31mm/0.38mm (Fine)
2 = 17/20 = 0.017"/0.020" = 0.43mm/0.50mm (Middle)
3 = 20/25 = 0.020"/0.025" = 0.50mm/0.63mm (Strong)
Pearl Shine Colors are only available in thickness 1 and 2.
In cases of various available thicknesses, the choices will appear in the order window. Other thicknesses available upon request.
Liberally talc the inside before putting on a rubber garment especially tight fitting clothes such as catsuits, stockings, gloves, etc. This will enable you to slip into them with ease. When dressing, avoid using excessive force, rubber tears easily. Pulling too hard with your fingertips will leave permanent dimples. Also jewellery & sharp nails may puncture the fabric. While wearing rubber, avoid coming into contact with abrasive surfaces. This will damage the surface of the material making it lackluster & dull.
To make rubber shiny, a good sheen can be attained using a silicone polish. We recommend PERV-O-SHINE, it is water-based & washable. Apply sparingly using a lint free cloth. A silicone spray such as PERV-O-SPRAY can be used after polishing to achieve a super high-gloss finish. Please note that silicone sprays do not dry completely unlike the wipe-on products, it will remain sticky to the touch. RUBBER REJUVENATOR is good alternative for the silicone spray. It is not sticky, gives a deep shine and helps to keep the rubber in a good condition.
Caring for Rubber
- Avoid exposing rubber to sunlight or heat, this may damage or fade the rubber.
- Avoid putting transparent or light coloured rubber against metal (zippers, press-tuts, buckles).
- Store rubber in a dark, dry, cool place such as a closet, preferably in a black plastic bag.
- Should the garment tear or become damaged in any way, do not attempt to wear or repair it. Have it professionally repaired.
- Always clean your rubber after use ( see below )
Hand wash the garment in luke warm water. A mild soap may be used but we advise WONDERWASH
Shake the bottle of Wonderwash well for optimal results. Adding a drop of silicone oil in your bottle will also improve results.
For machine washing use 20ml per load ( double the dosage for overly oiled clothing ) and set the temperature to 40° - 60°. Set the program to delicate wash with a maximum spin cycle of 600.
For hand washing fill up your sink or bath tub with hot water (minimum 40°). Add 10ml Wonderwash per 5 litre of water . Place your rubber in the water and stir it around. Let it soak for a while and then turn it inside out and repeat the process.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean hot water.
- Towel dry any metal fitting.
- Let the garment dry both inside and out.